The CommUNITY Open Studio adds an extra focus on social justice issues to the regular open studios. EU's Virtual Open Studio promotes wellness through creativity and self reflection. We know that through art we can foster connection even while we are apart. The studio is a place for people from all walks of life to come together and make art as a community. We seek to promote mental health awareness and activities that cultivate positive mental health habits.
- The virtual studio is FREE to anyone that wishes to join.
- Come one day or many
- Artistic training or skill is not required.
- Any art tools/media are welcome (eg. pen and paper is fine too)
- Begin a new piece each time or work on pieces in progress
What should I expect?
- Each session the lead may be different. If you enjoy a particular lead inquire about their rotation.
- The first 5-10 minutes of each session will be a time to "gather".
- Introductions: lead will invite guests to do introductions.
- Prompt(s): provided for those who wish to follow it, you may also work on other work.
- Working time: Usually no less than 30 minutes and up to 1.5hrs. As the working time nears an end, the lead will give reminders that the working time is coming to a close.
- Closure: The last 15-20 minutes are reserved for building community in discourse. Guests may share what they made if they wish. Q&A and feedback.
ZOOM ID: 990 2127 0604